Examinations at Raine's
At Raine's, students are entered for public examinations as follows:
- Year 10: BTEC modular exams in January and/or June
- Year 11: BTEC modular exams in January and/or June and all GCSE exams in June
- Year 13: BTEC modular exams in January and/or June, GCSE re-take exams English and/or Maths in November and/or June and all GCE A-Level exams in June
In addition to these, internal mock exams are held for years 10 to 13 at various points through the year. Dates of these will be notified to parents/carers and students at the approriate time, and current exam timetables will appear on this website under the "Current timetables" link (left) as well as any associated letters.
Public exams start at either 9.00am or 1.30pm. Internal mock exams start at 9.00am, 11.20am or 2.05pm. All exams, whether public (real) or internal mocks are run in accordance with JCQ guidelines and regulations. An abridged version of these can be found at the link below, and all school policies can be found under the "Policies" link.
Results of internal mock exams will be posted home to parents in within a couple of weeks of their conclusion. Results of public exams will be released to students as follows:
- GCE A Levels: Thursday 15 August, 2019. The school will open at 9.00am for students to collect their results.
- GCSEs and BTECs: Thursday 22 August, 2019. The school will open at 9.00am for students to collect their results.
- For both Results' Days please note:
- Results can only be collected by the student. We will not release them to any other family member or friend, unless we have received a written request to do so.
- We cannot routinely email results to students.
- On both days, the school will close at 1.00pm. Any uncollected results will be posted to the address we hold on our database.
Use these links to access the websites of the main exam boards we use, as well as the Joint Council for Qualifications (JCQ), the body which regulates public exams in England and Wales: